The Nate Hardy International Scholarship was created to promote and support opportunities for players to experience youth soccer abroad. Nate was a member of the first ever Seacoast United soccer team and also the first SUSC team to travel abroad to Newcastle, England in 1995. Upon graduating High School, he qualified as a Navy S.E.A.L. and later became a member of Navy S.E.A.L. Elite Team 6. Nate was tragically killed in action while serving his country in Iraq and was laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery.
One of the highlights of Nate's soccer career was being with his teammates during the England tour in 1995. The Nate Hardy International Scholarship will be designed to help provide a player with a similar soccer experience to that of Nate.
In order to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Youth soccer players competing at the U18 age group or below.
- Reside in and/or have played soccer at the Town/Travel/Club/High School level within the previous 3 years.
- Must have applied for and been accepted to compete in an international sports event or program.
- The scholarship is need-based. All applicants must submit the official application which would require a submission of financial information and include an opportunity for the family to explain any special circumstances (job loss, illness, etc.).
In order to be considered, applicants must submit the following forms electronically by May 26, 2019: Because there are several itineraries for 2019, the foundation will be evaluating applications and distributing awards on a rolling basis.
- The completed Nate Hardy International Scholarship Application form. Submitted copy must include an actual signature from applicant and parent/guardian.
- PDF copy of signed 2017 IRS 1040 form.
- Proof of International Travel such as itinerary, dates, etc.
- All forms must be emailed to Kathie Richard at email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed by the Seacoast United Foundation Scholarship Committee. Scholarship funds awarded will be paid directly from the Seacoast United Foundation to the player's club or travel team organization, which will be applied toward their travel expenses.
Questions? Please contact Kathie Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org.